Crown on Natural Tooth
Crown on Implant
Crown vs. Implant Comparison
Implant Procedure Visualization
A dental implant is simply an artificial tooth root, usually made of titanium, that is placed into your jaw, which serves as an anchor to hold a replacement tooth, bridge or denture. For individuals who wish to replace missing teeth, dental implants may be an effective long-term solution. Dental implants provide greater structural support and typically last longer than either Permanent Bridges or Full or Partial Dentures.
What is a Dental Implant?
Who is a candidate for dental implants?
What is the success rate for dental implants?
Why have dental implants become so popular?
What are some of the advantages of dental implants?
What treatment is right for you?
Long Island Cosmetic Dentists
Gary L. Sandler, DDS & Bonnie E. Lipow, DDS
201 Moreland Road, Suite #8
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Do I every have to go without teeth?
What treatment and fees are involved?
Restoring teeth with dental implants is a team effort between you, we as restorative dentists, and the finest Periodontist we have worked with in over 30 years of practice. We will determine where and how your implants should be placed and fully discuss all treatment options with you. Depending on your specific conditions, we will create a treatment plan tailored to meet your needs. Whether it's replacing a single tooth, several teeth, or a full mouth reconstruction, we can help restore optimum function and esthetics to your smile.
Quality Cosmetic Dentists on Long Island - as a leading dental implant and cosmetic dental practice, we offer you the best most advanced technologies and uncompromising personalized care, the ideal and best choices for high quality, patient-centered dental implant treatment on Long Island. Our highly skilled and experienced dentists have provided individualized implant treatment for thousands of patients in Hauppauge, Commack, Smithtown and the surrounding areas on Long Island, who are now experiencing a better quality of life. As the only treatment option that preserves bone and maintains the integrity of your facial structures, dental implants are today's best preferred choice for missing teeth. Long Island Cosmetic Dentists can restore your natural smile with replacement teeth that look, feel and function like natural teeth. You can replace those loose, poorly fitting dentures with implant supported fixed bridges using dental implants. Consider immediate tooth replacement, for single and multiple missing teeth following tooth extractions. Learn about the best treatment options for both cosmetic smile enhancements and prosthetic tooth replacement. We invite you to schedule a complimentary consultation to determine the ideal implant treatment to enhance the quality of your life, and help you maintain a beautiful, natural smile at a reasonable cost.
Call 631-499-1800 for a Complimentary Dental Implant Consultation
Anyone in reasonably good general health. You must have enough bone in the area of the missing tooth (teeth) to support the dental implant(s), although often there are relatively simple procedures to add or restore missing bone from periodontal (gum) disease or extractions.
The first patient received dental implants from Nobel Biocare, a leader in Implant Dentistry, more than 30 years ago and they are still functioning today. The most recent studies report between a 95% and 98% success rate. The majority of patients can expect them to last a lifetime.
As our life expectancy increases, and our general desire for better health, there has been an increasing need for better solutions replace damaged and missing teeth. Removable bridges and full dentures are generally loose and unstable. Also, we no longer have to drill away healthy adjacent teeth to replace one or more missing teeth. Implants are now the standard of care in such situations.
- ESTHETIC: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth!
- TOOTH -SAVING: Dental implants don't sacrifice the integrity of adjacent teeth like a permanent bridge does because adjacent teeth are not altered to support the implant. More of your own teeth are left untouched thereby maintaining your oral health!
- CONFIDENCE, COMFORT, AND SELF ESTEEM: Dental implants will allow you to once again speak and eat with comfort and confidence! They are secure and offer freedom from the annoying clicks and movement of dentures. They'll allow you to say goodbye to worries about misplaced dentures and messy adhesives.
- RELIABLE: The success rate of dental implants is highly predictable. They are considered an excellent option for tooth replacement.
- IMPROVED APPEARANCE AND SPEECH: No longer will anyone see unsightly metal clasps or unnatural looking plastic, holding false looking prosthetic teeth. Instead of loose and wobbly false teeth, teeth supported by dental implants will feel as natural and solid as your original healthy teeth did.
- EAST BETTER, ENJOY MORE FOODS AND HAVE BETTER NUTRITION: Since implant supported crowns and bridges are as solid as natural healthy teeth, you'll be able to enjoy all the foods you want and forget about what foods you can or can't eat. Now you can feel completely naturally again.
In most situations, there is never a need to go without teeth. When planned properly, we can almost always arrange for temporary replacement teeth the same day.
Most often, the implants replaced today only require one surgical procedure using a local anesthetic. After the procedure, the gums may be sore during initial healing, usually for seven to ten days. It takes as little as six weeks to as much as three to four months for lower jaw implants to heal completely and as little as six weeks to as much as six to nine months for those in the upper jaw. Following adequate healing, we will begin a series of appointments to fabricate the bridges or individual teeth that will be placed onto the titanium posts to replace the missing teeth.
Treatment time from placement of the implants until final restoration may take three to twelve months. Fees are based on the number of implants placed and the type of final restoration. The fees can be more accurately determined following our definitive diagnostic work-up. Many dental insurance companies now cover a portion of the treatment costs. Other extended payment options are available.